SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY COMMITTEE
Social and environmental responsibility is a key issue in the Rallye’s governance and values, which we share with our Partners and all who take part in the event. In 2010, we created our Ethics Committee, chaired by Christine Lagarde. This Committee has worked on several environmental and social missions and produced a white paper entitled “Rally Raid and Sustainable Development”, published in 2018. In an effort to improve all our actions, we are now seeking to re-establish a new version of our Committee.
Since its creation in 1990, the Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles du Maroc has been a powerful lever of opportunity to showcase women, empowering them to go beyond their limits and break with pre-established codes. Born out of this vocation, it is an unparalleled means of expression. Since its very beginnings, it has advocated and embodied values that are highly sought-after today. More than ever, on the eve of its 30th anniversary, the Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles du Maroc is asserting itself by aligning its philosophy, its words and its actions.
A true commitment to equality is essential. It will be beneficial in terms of efficacy, performance and ethics, because it will maximize women’s contribution to solving climate and environmental problems. It would be a major mistake to forget this, and for that reason, the Rallye’s Social and Environmental Responsibility Committee wishes to align itself with this process.
As pioneers, the women of the Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles du Maroc have shown that a reinvented model can work, by proving that:
- Women have an essential place to reclaim in the world, for the benefit of all,
- They are leading by example and paving the way for other women by going beyond their own limits and those that our societies have imposed on them,
- Competition and our actions in the natural environment can be respectful of the land and its people,
- A sporting event can be useful beyond the values of sport by taking concrete local action, through the projects set up by the NPO Cœur de Gazelles,
- One can act in full awareness of one’s impact while measuring and reducing it through an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system,
- New ambitious solutions can be tested, as proven by the electric vehicle class, waste sorting and recovery, water recycling, and all the other solutions put in place, even in conditions as extreme as those of the Sahara Desert.
The Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles du Maroc is a life-size laboratory and a powerful means of media expression for developing, promoting and publicizing more respectful actions and innovations.
The Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles du Maroc’s Social and Environmental Responsibility Committee is a Franco-Moroccan initiative that brings together and unites the companies and institutions that are Partners of the Rallye with the objectives of:
- Relentlessly reaffirming and supporting equality
- Finding, integrating and testing innovative solutions aimed at reducing the environmental impact
- Creating a favourable context for collaboration between Partner companies to pool ideas and accelerate development, both in terms of the environment and on internal policies on the place of women within companies
- Being open to all ideas and proposals that could support this process.
Our objective is to set up a SER Committee capable of taking concrete and rapid action:
- Under the High Patronage of His Majesty King Mohammed VI
- Supported by S.H. Prince Albert II of Monaco and his Foundation, who are already working alongside us
- Supported by Christine Lagarde
- Under the auspices of UNESCO
- Supported by the Moroccan Ministry of Tourism and the Moroccan National Tourist Office
- Including the main decision-makers among our French and Moroccan partners, capable of deploying their innovations at the Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles, to contribute to the process initiated by the Rallye and promote their initiatives.