MAÏENGA and the RALLYE AÏCHA DES GAZELLES are now officially certified ISO 14001 !!!
This international standard guarantees that MAÏENGA has introduced an Environmental Management System (EMS) for integrating environmental policy into its actions and its global management strategy. MAÏENGA’s Environmental Management System was audited by VERITAS, accredited independent certification body, which also audited the Rallye itself, on location in Morocco, to verify the event’s conformity to the EMS.
ISO 14001 certification is based on the identification of environmental impacts, possible solutions for improvement, and the introduction of suitable processes.
MAÏENGA and the Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles are happy to make this contribution to the protection of the environment in which they are evolving, an environment that is both natural and human.
With this action, we also hope to serve as an example to the world of event management, an example provided by women... always pioneers!
To see the official document, click here
Take part in a responsible rally that respects the environment and the local populations! Get involved in a concrete environmental action.
- For 23 years, speed has not counted towards a team’s ranking in the Rallye; as a result, carbon dioxide emissions have always been lower than those of a traditional rally.
In addition, the Rallye’s concept is unique: to win, a team must drive the shortest distance.
Eco-driving is rewarded.
- The Rallye produces an environmental report every year, and is constantly working on reducing its carbon emissions and its environmental impact in terms of water and energy consumption and waste production.
To download the 2012 Environmental Report : click here
- All participants attending the event (Gazelles, Organizers, journalists...), sign an environmental “good behaviour” charter.
- All documents produced before, during (road books, Practical Guide...) and after the Rallye are printed on recycled paper. We limit our use of paper by using computer storage devices to transmit our documents.
- The Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles offsets all of its carbon emissions through Yann Arthus Bertrand’s Action Carbone association.
The Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles offsets its C0² emissions (produced during the competition and by the event organizers) with the Action Carbone program of the GoodPlanet Foundation, headed by Yann Arthus Bertrand.
The Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles carbon offsetting helps to finance a project called "Recycling and composting household waste for agricultural use" in Madagascar.
To exploit the organic waste produced in the city of Mahajanga by transforming it into compost for local agriculture. By avoiding waste fermentation, this project will reduce approximately 12,000 tons of CO2 equivalent per year.
Download the Action Carbone data sheet on "Recycling and composting household waste for agricultural use".