The Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles is the first auto rally to show a real environmental and social commitment with the achievement of ISO 14001:2004 certification.
Take part in a responsible rally with a social conscience! Contribute to a concrete environmental action!
The concept of the Rallye has always been unique. As speed is not taken into account in the rankings, carbon dioxide emissions have always been lower than those of a traditional rally: the winning team is the one that drives the shortest distance.
Eco-driving is rewarded.
Since 2010, MAÏENGA and the RALLYE AICHA DES GAZELLES DU MAROC have been officially certified ISO 14001:2004
This international standard guarantees that MAÏENGA has established an Environmental Management System (EMS) aimed at integrating environmental policy into its actions and its global management strategy. The accredited independent certification body VERITAS audits MAÏENGA and the Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles every year on location in Morocco, verifying compliance with the required systems and standards.
ISO 14001 certification is based on the identification of environmental impacts and possible solutions for improvement, and the introduction of suitable processes.
MAIENGA and the Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles du Maroc are happy to contribute to reducing their impact on the environment. With this action, we also hope to serve as an example to the world of event management, an example provided by women... always pioneers!
Our registered non-profit organization Cœur de Gazelles arose out of the Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles du Moroc in 2001. The association’s members are deeply committed to providing people with the help they need while fostering sustainable development.
Our commitment is ethical and responsible: every project is "practical and useful" for the population.
- Our actions are established on a "human scale“: throughout our collaborations, we work with the local populations to address the source of the problems in order to ensure effective and sustainable help on the long term.
- We work with and for the most disadvantaged: our actions, whose needs are assessed on the ground, enable people to become agents of their own development.
- We work in a spirit of partnership: we do not create alternative structures; we strengthen and develop existing local structures.
- We work with low operating costs: all donations are used for the direct benefit of the population.
- Our actions are recognized by government bodies: we act with legitimacy and with the approval of the local authorities.
Learn more about Cœur de Gazelles at www.coeurdegazelles.org
Cœur de Gazelles:
In 2016, a 60-member team (doctors, dentists, nurses, logistics staff…) worked during the 8 days of competition.
4,489 medical consultations (gynaecology, ophthalmology, paediatrics, general medicine, dental care, diabetes testing...)
3,065 prescriptions and treatments, 332 pairs of corrective glasses, 94 ultrasounds, 82 cataract surgeries...
7,887 people received donations (clothing, hygiene products, shoes, toys...).
MAÏENGA has built its development on values such as courage, generosity, solidarity, respect and loyalty, and is committed to the implementation of these principles through a “SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY CHARTER”.
This charter forms the basis of the relationship of trust that must exist between the company and its clients, suppliers and staff members.
The goal of this charter is to provide a formalized definition of this essential body of common references to which anyone can refer and comply under any circumstances.
These rules are not exhaustive but, combined with each individual’s sense of responsibility, form an important reference for all company associates and partners.
Maïenga promises to:
- Respect the law
- Respect its employees
- Respect and protect the environment
- Communicate and work together
- Respect the ethical values of sport
- Share and providing resources for development